So LAST YEAR at the Sewing Mama’s retreat I made this shirt. It was the first thing I made, and I loved how it turned out. I got home and the Little Miss tried it on.
Too tight in the sleeves.
I thought that I had put it downstairs on my sewing table. When I went to fix it, I could not find it. I even looked through her closet. Several times! Well, apparently I didn’t look well enough.
A few weeks ago, one of her friends was combing through her closet looking for something to dress up with, and she came across the shirt!
I thought for sure it ended up in a giveaway bag and was long gone.
So here it is! Finally!
She liked a shirt I had with pleather insets at the top, so I made this for a similar look. She loves zebra print, so that is the main fabric, plus stretch lace on the bottom in three layers.
I bound the edges with the zebra print as this black lamé fabric tended to run if stretched too much. The back actually has some run marks in it.
I ended up re-binding the sleeves in a black lycra knit, as I couldn’t find any of the remaining zebra knit. After a year or so things tend to disappear.
She was pleased!
…just ignore the fact that part of the peplum circle skirt is tucked into the waistband of her shorts 😉